These earrings are part of my ongoing cactus series. Saguaro cactus are an iconic species - incredible looking, with tremendous capacity to absorb water to withstand long periods of drought. They can live for over 150 years and are a critical keystone species. They provide shelter, food and protection for hundreds of other species through the various stages of its life in the Sonaran Desert.
The cactus are stamped with Navajo traditional handmade stamps from the House of Stamps.
These do not come in our unique boxes. A bespoke Australian Hardwood box by Mountain Cut can easily be ordered for this item by adding "Bespoke Wooden Box" to your cart. Please note this will require additional time to prepare.
- 72 mm long (2.83 inches). Cactus 56 mm (2.2 inches) long, Hooks 16 mm (0.63 inches)
- Hook length can be changed (leave me a message if you would prefer longer hooks)
- materials - sterling silver
- total weight of both earrings - 7 grams
- 100% recycled silver.
My work is influenced by tribal silver, organically created, worked and worn. It is nomadic, strong, and made to last lifetimes.
Modelled by Emmy
Western Saguaro Earrings
- We ship all over the world.
- Our pieces are unique, one of a kind designed and handcrafted one at a time
- All our jewellery is made from 100% recycled sterling silver. I melt down scrap silver and form the sheet and the wire needed. If I require silver I can't fabricate, I order 100% recycled sterling and pure silver from A&E Metals in Australia. A&E Metals have a strong environmental policy which you can view here: https://www.aemetal.com.au/Webstore/t-recycled.aspx
- All turquoise and othe gemstones used in our work is sourced from reputable stone cutters and dealers, and where possible I list the source.
- If you would like any additional information about a particular piece, shipping rates or our policies please do not heistate to contact Sky at email@example.com