This is a dedication to the superb lyrebird, whose home is the beautiful and ancient Monga Forest, a cool temperate rainforest tucked into the mountain in the upper reaches of the Mongarlowe River in south eastern Australia.
This piece incorporates a hand fabricated centrepiece which includes an etched lyrebird and two etched fern leaves. The amulet comprises of handmade round link chain and clasps and beautifully cut vintage Hubei turquoise.
The piece also comes in a uniquely engraved beautiful box by Mountain Cut. The boxes are designed and constructed from Australian Hardwood and made entirely on our farm.
My work is influenced by tribal silver, organically created, worked and worn. You can see on the piece where I have worked. It is not refined and highly polished – it is nomadic, strong, and made to last a lifetime and more.
- It weighs 144 grams
- The centrepiece is 95 mm long and 56 mm at the widest points
- The chain is 52.5 cm long and made at the farm by The Beard
- Materials - sterling silver, turquoise, handmade sterling silver round link chain
- This amulet has three beautiful Hubei turquoise vintage cabochons.
- Comes in a uniquely made Australian Hardwood Box.
- Made with 100% recycled silver. It is Cadmium free - I use solders that do not contain any cadmium or lead. These are strong solders that age similarly to the piece.
- Worn patina.
My pendants are one of a kind pieces which I make one at a time and is made to last lifetimes.
Monga Lyrebird Fern Amulet
We ship all over the world.
Our pieces are unique, one of a kind, designed and handcrafted one at a time
All our jewellery is made from 100% recycled sterling silver. I melt down scrap silver and form the sheet and the wire needed. If I require silver I can't fabricate, I order 100% recycled sterling and pure silver from A&E Metals in Australia. A&E Metals have a strong environmental policy which you can view here: https://www.aemetal.com.au/Webstore/t-recycled.aspx
All turquoise and other gemstones used in our work is sourced from reputable stone cutters and dealers, and where possible I list the source.
If you would like any additional information about a particular piece, shipping rates or our policies please do not hesitate to contact Sky at email@example.com