Braidwood's Mt Gillamatong with soaring wedge-tailed eagle silver disc earrings.
When I saw the images of a DC10 releasing fire retardant over Mt Gillamatong, the iconic mountain next to my hometown of Braidwood, it really shook me. The idea that our little town was under threat by a major bushfire was so unreal. But it happened.
These earrings are part my response to the major bushfires affecting our region, the places we love, and the design was created during the Charleys Forest Fires.
The earrings come in a uniquely engraved beautiful box by Mountain Cut. The boxes are designed and constructed from Australian Hardwood and made entirely on our farm.
- 40 mm wide (1.6 inches). 60 mm (2.4") long with hooks.
- materials - sterling silver
- total weight of both earrings - 13 grams
Gillamatong Eagle Earrings
- We ship all over the world.
- Our pieces are unique, one of a kind designed and handcrafted one at a time
- All our jewellery is made from 100% recycled sterling silver. I melt down scrap silver and form the sheet and the wire needed. If I require silver I can't fabricate, I order 100% recycled sterling and pure silver from A&E Metals in Australia. A&E Metals have a strong environmental policy which you can view here: https://www.aemetal.com.au/Webstore/t-recycled.aspx
- All turquoise and othe gemstones used in our work is sourced from reputable stone cutters and dealers, and where possible I list the source.
- If you would like any additional information about a particular piece, shipping rates or our policies please do not heistate to contact Sky at firstname.lastname@example.org