A beautiful pair of sterling silver Lyrebird earrings etched with my original artwork on a beaded hook of sterling silver and turquoise beads.
The Superb Lyrebird is a very well known Australian bird, loved for its beauty and mimicry. They are occasional visitors to our property, and a constant soundtrack for walks in the Budawang Wilderness.
My work is influenced by tribal silver, organically created, worked and worn. You can see on the earrings where I have worked. They are not highly polished.
- 9.6 cm long (3.8 inches) - drops are 6 cm long, hooks 3.6 cm
- materials - sterling silver 925 and Arizona turquoise beads and sterling silver bench beads.
- the hooks are handmade sterling silver
- total weight of these pair of earrings is 25 grams (12.5 grams each)
- 100% recycled silver. Cadmium free - I use solders that do not contain any cadmium or lead. These are strong solders that age similarly to the piece.
Blue Turquoise Lyrebird Earrings
- We ship all over the world.
- Our pieces are unique, one of a kind designed and handcrafted one at a time
- All our jewellery is made from 100% recycled sterling silver. I melt down scrap silver and form the sheet and the wire needed. If I require silver I can't fabricate, I order 100% recycled sterling and pure silver from A&E Metals in Australia. A&E Metals have a strong environmental policy which you can view here: https://www.aemetal.com.au/Webstore/t-recycled.aspx
- All turquoise and othe gemstones used in our work is sourced from reputable stone cutters and dealers, and where possible I list the source.
- If you would like any additional information about a particular piece, shipping rates or our policies please do not heistate to contact Sky at email@example.com